Become a member of Sugarloaf!
Membership fees over $100 are tax-deductable.
$100 for a park pass and 50% off hikes (Excluding Fireworks Hike, Brunch on Bald, Headwaters to Headwaters Hike)
$500 park pass, membership benefits and an invitation to a special appreciation event
(USE YOUR EMAIL RECEIPT TO GET INTO THE PARK UNTIL YOU RECEIVE YOUR PASS IN THE MAIL)
Donate Today and Support Sugarloaf!
100% of donations are tax-deductible.
- Donate $25 and your support supplies materials to repair a fire damaged step on Vista trail
- Donate $50 and your support will maintain a campsite for one month
- Donate $250 – and replace a damaged bench
- Donate $1000 and your support allows a school group visit
- Donate $5000 and help rebuild damaged bridges
- Donate $7500 and your support helps covers park operations during the closure.
Video footage recorded by one of the wildlife cameras set up at Sugarloaf Ridge State Park that documents the progression of the fire
This year those age 70 ½ and older may want to consider making a meaningful, tax-efficient gift to Sonoma Ecology Center using funds from their traditional or Roth IRA. With this way of giving you can:
- Make tax-free gifts each year from your IRA withdrawals by having a portion transferred directly to SEC (up to $100,000 per year for an individual; $200,000 per couple with separate IRAs).
- Use your Required Minimum Distribution for you gift to avoid taxes on the transfer of funds.
- Avoid increasing your adjusted gross income and potentially subjecting your Social Security income to a higher level of taxation by giving directly from your IRA.
- Provide a generous gift to SEC.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if we can provide more information to you or your advisors.
How to Donate Stock
Each stock gift we handle strengthens our programmatic work while providing tax benefits for supporters.
Here are step-by-step instructions to help you take advantage of this gift planning opportunity:
Give your broker the following information to transfer a gift of stock to the Sonoma Ecology Center:
- The Sonoma Ecology Center’s brokerage account is with Charles Schwab Co. Inc.
- The Sonoma Ecology Center’s account number is 5655-2785.
Either you or your broker must contact us via email or call 707-996-0712 ext email@example.com with the name of the stock and the number of shares being transferred. This ensures the gift is properly credited and acknowledged.
When SEC receives a stock gift, our policy is to sell the stock as near as possible to the date of the gift.
If you have questions or if we can assist you in making a gift of stock, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Sugarloaf Ridge State Park
About 75% to 80% of the park burned in the October 2017 Tubbs fire. Some of the fires were slow underbrush fires and others were much hotter and damaged trees and soil. Most of the buildings the park survived. Robert Ferguson Observatory, the Visitor Center, main campground bathrooms, white barn, and red barn all were undamaged. We did lose two of 6 toilets in the campground, one water tank, and the meadow trail bridge.
The park’s trails and trail infrastructure (footbridges, retaining walls, steps) suffered well over $80,000 of damage. To fully open the park we need your help!
Together we are the caretakers of this incredible Sonoma County gem. Please support Team Sugarloaf and help us maintain and fully reopen Sugarloaf Ridge State Park for everyone!
Your membership or donation supports park operations, including projects to maintain Sugarloaf’s beauty, accessibility, and park amenities.
More than just a park, Sugarloaf Ridge allows visitors to appreciate the tremendous beauty of the North Bay — and, through the Robert Ferguson Observatory, the universe!
Sustaining your park requires a team effort. Please help to share the responsibility for caring for this special place by becoming a member, or making a gift today! Your contribution provides the funding needed to ensure Sugarloaf Ridge State Park can flourish today, tomorrow and well into the future!
To learn more about the ways that you can support this incredible resource, please contact Sonoma Ecology Center’s Development Office: (707) 996-0712 or email@example.com.
Sonoma Ecology Center is a nonprofit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS tax code. Federal EIN# 94-3136500